Tuesday 13 December 2016

Can you believe it's December already? I sure can't! In 2 weeks it's Christmas and in 3 weeks we start a new year. 2017 here we come!!!... Speaking of Christmas, GUESS WHAT?! My family is coming to visit!!! That's right friends- for 10 days my worlds will collided in a fun, exciting, and amazing way. And I could not be more excited! 
The past 2 weeks have been packed, which is nice because it distracts me from spending all my time counting down the days until my family arrives (it's 12, by the way). We had the end of the year celebration (the school year runs from January to December) and our reception graduation. It was so much fun! The children not only presented some of the things they have learned this year, but they also put together vocal and dance performances with the help of their teachers. This was such a fun morning of celebration.
Some of the primary students singing a farewell song for us!

Trying to get over 50 children to look at the same time is
basically impossible.
 Because the school is now closed until January, I have been relocated to the office! I guess you could call me Jade's sidekick! It's been super cool to get an inside look at the administrative side of running The Village. I also totally love planning and prepping for things like Christmas and Christmas related activities, so I guess you could say I've loved having this opportunity!
2 weeks ago, after arriving home from Kenya, we had our first dance club meeting after 2 weeks off to start getting ready for Christmas, and I was in total shock. When dance club started out (which was really only 3ish months ago) there were 10 children interested.

And now there are 30. Paul and I were totally blown away, and obviously super pumped! Having such a large group with different ages (oldest is 19 and youngest is 6) has made for such a fun time. The older kids help the younger ones and everybody cheers on and encourages each other. Every time we meet they inspire me and my heart overflows. Having fun together, helping each other, supporting one another, being in community is so important, and I know I forget these things far too often. That's one of the ways I have been stretched. I'm a pretty task oriented person- what do I have to do? When does it need done by? And, of course, I have to make sure it's done PERFECTLY. Well, I've realized there are much more important things. Sure, there will always be deadlines and things that need to get done, but when it comes down to it, people are more important. Conversations are more important, taking time for one another is more important, helping and supporting each other is more important. I realized how much I have taken for granted the amazing community of friends- you guys- back home. How blessed I am to have a community like Bethany and the incredible people that make it. I love you guys!!
I've been trying to fight off a cold for over a week now and it is not going away. Prayers that it doesn't turn into anything more then a cold would be amazing. There's never really a good time to get sick, but really? This close to Christmas? Come on!
Once again I am completely overwhelmed by all of your love and support. You guys rock!!!


Emily
This picture is from a while ago, but I love it so I wanted to
share it with you!

Little Paulo <3

No comments:

Post a Comment