Thursday 12 January 2017

Community, friends, family, celebration, love.. these are but a few words to describe the past 2 weeks. We rang in the New Year with a time of prayer, worship and celebration at MPC (Mwanza Pentecostal Church) and I must say it was incredible. To end 2016 celebrating Gods faithfulness and all He has done during the past year, and to worship and pray in community with great anticipation about what He has planned for the year ahead was something I will hold in my heart forever. To have my family there was icing on top of an already delicious cake. I cannot wait to see what He has in store for 2017- the good, the bad and the ugly. To see what my role will be in His crazy but amazing plan.
On January 2nd my family and I along with the Kenyamanyara's headed out for a 3 day safari on the Serengeti. IT WAS AMAZING!!! Honestly there were so many times I thought “This has to be a dream. There's no way we're in the Serengeti right now.” At one point there were 5 hunting female lions less then 5 feet away from our truck. I literally could've stuck my arm out and touched them!!! For safety reasons I resisted the urge and just sat in complete awe. So many memories were made that I will hold onto forever. From just hanging out at the hotel, to being feet away from a myriad of wild animals, to *attempting* to learn the names for all of the animals in Swahili from our awesome driver, to getting to experience it all with my family by my side, it was an awesome time.
Over the past 2 weeks we have had to say “See ya later!” 3 times and I'm not gonna lie, it's been kinda tough. Anna, another missionary who lives with us headed back to Canada for to continue her schooling, my family returned home, and Mama June and Uncle John are on their way to the great white north after what feels like the shortest 3 months ever. All of these goodbyes really got me thinking of how I will be doing the same in only 4 short weeks, and how I can't believe my time here in Mwanza is almost finished. Even though the thought of it makes my heart  sad, I pray that I will not let it distract me from being fully present and involved during my last weeks here.
I hope you all are doing well, and am continuing to feel overwhelmed by all of your love and prayers. I hope your 2017 has been kick-butt so far!

Much love,

Emily
It's the CIRCLE  of  LIIIFEE

Beautiful Serengeti!

See? Doesn't it look like you
could just give them a little pat?

Future career as models?

Dancing Rocks!

Dad taking on the market like a pro!!


No comments:

Post a Comment