Thursday 26 January 2017

Can I tell you something? The devil SUCKS. I have always known this, but this week his lies and scheming ways have become oh so clear. “Lord, I reject every judgmental and critical thought that comes to my mind today.” So Satan plants a billion more negative thoughts in my brain. He wants to bring us down. He wants to see us fail. He wants to see us drift farther and farther away from our incredible God. How messed up is that? Although I have been reminded of what a lying, scheming, cheater the devil is, I have also been reminded of God's incredible love. Our Father holds the entire universe in His hands. He's that big!! Our Father who created the heavens and the earth walks beside us everyday, no matter where we roam. Even when the devil tries to tear us down, even when our thoughts seem overpowered with anxiety and worry, He is beside us. We can find our strength in Him. This is a choice that, if I'm being honest, I fail at making far to often. Getting overwhelmed, worrying (unnecessarily) about the future, entertaining thoughts of fear and anxiety rather then turning into God for strength and comfort. But thank God for His love and abundant grace.
A new school year has started up at Village of Hope school, and I'm so happy to be back in the classroom! Don't get me wrong, I loved getting to see the administrative side of Village of Hope and having the chance to work in the office, but I did miss the kids and getting to interact with them on a regular basis. Here's something that absolutely kills me about kids: they can make you want to pull your hair out. They can drive you up the wall and make you feel like screaming but then with one look they can melt your heart. With just one running hug not 10 minutes after they were misbehaving they can make you forget that you ever felt like pulling your hair out. Honestly, I'm so thankful for that ability children have! Sometimes I can't help but look up and say, “God! These kids! I love them although they have the ability to drive me crazy! What the heck!” And I wouldn't change that for the world.
There is a major cold going around our school as well as our home, prayers that Jade and Julius will fight off their colds soon, and also that I don't get the cold and have to travel with it home would be appreciated. Also prayers for peace as I begin my final 2 weeks in Mwanza and prepare to return home would be amazing. Once again I am overwhelmed by the love and support you guys pour into my life. I am so thankful for you!

Much love,

Emily
We went HIKING! So thankful for friendship and
fun times!
Your glory is so beautiful <3

Hills for daaaays

Climbing up those rocks almost killed me,
  but the view was totally worth it


"Emmiiily! I'm gonna to sleep on you!"
Oh how I'm going to miss this little guy <3


No comments:

Post a Comment