Wednesday 8 February 2017

I have really been struggling with the word “last” as of late. Whether it's my last time going somewhere, my last time seeing a friend, or even my last time eating my favourite meal for lunch at school. This way of thinking was really bringing me down, and ultimately hindering my ability to whole-heartedly embrace my final days here. I opened up to Jade about how I was feeling and she said something that really opened my eyes. She said “Yes goodbyes are hard and it is sad, but just think, you have people and things here to miss.” And that is pretty incredible. I have made friends that I am going to hold dearly in my heart. I have relationships that have challenged and shaped me, I have memories with incredible people that will last a lifetime. I have grown closer to Christ, and come to understand His love and grace in a new way. Rather then looking at all of my “lasts” with a heavy heart (which, if I'm being honest, I still do more then I should) I can look at them with a heart full of gratitude and love. I look back over these 6 months and see nothing but love. Challenges? Yes. Difficult times? Oh yea. But love covers them all. Thankfulness covers them all. Jesus was working in it all.
On Saturday February 11th the Kenyamanyara's and I leave Mwanza and head to Dar es Salaam. I will spend a few days there, and fly out (all by myself!) for Canada on Tuesday February 14th, arriving in Toronto that night. Prayers for our travels would be appreciated! This will also be my first time travelling solo- I'm a big girl now!
Well folks, in a mere 6 days I will be back on Canadian soul. It's crazy to think that I arrived 6 months ago, completely unaware of how incredible the next 6 months would be, and how hard it would be to one day leave. Your continued support, love, and prayers have meant the world to me, and I am so thankful.

Lots of love,

Emily

Even though none of us are looking I still
love them

Love, the crazy teens of Teen Connect!

"Paul! This building has 9 floors! "It'll be worth it!"
..He was right

A Picture at fish round about- gonna miss driving past
this dude everyday! Always reminding me to
just keep swimming (or posing)

No comments:

Post a Comment